Monday, May 12, 2008

Yea ... I'm a Floridian

OK ... I'm 'from away' in New England terms.
I was born and raised on the east coast of
South Florida where the briny breezes are
constant and fishing is good year-round.
That means it's ideal weather for the elderly
who are very sensitive to cold winters elsewhere.
Our town had whole communities of elderly packed
in small apartments like sardines - and stacked
like cord wood. So as you could imagine, jokes
about senior citizens are plentiful there. My
brother just sent me several ... and I thought
I would share at least one. Here goes ...

An elderly Floridian called 911 on her cell phone
to report that her car has been broken into.
She is hysterical as she explains her situation
to the dispatcher: 'They've stolen the stereo,
the steering wheel, the brake pedal and even the
accelerator!' she cried.

The dispatcher said, 'Stay calm. An officer is
on the way.'

A few minutes later, the officer radios in.
'Disregard.' He says. 'She got in the back-seat
by mistake.'

OH YEA!

No comments: