Tuesday, May 5, 2009


Well, what will we do this year? This Thursday will be a special day established for Americans to pray. The National Day of Prayer is Thursday, May 7th. But will we Americans pray? ... and to whom will we pray?

Last week I found a picture posted (Associated Press) of President Obama being depicted as America's savior - complete with out-stretched arms and a crown of thorns. I was SO offended by the sacrilege, I refuse to post the picture here. But I fear THAT depiction expresses what many Americans believe.

In May of 2007 I was on the front lawn of the Capitol Building in Washington DC. I went there for a 24 hour prayer vi dual being advertised by an on-slaught of radio spots and e-mails I had received in weeks prior. What I found when I got there I will never forget! The District was full of excited tourists spending a sunny day strolling the mall and visiting memorials, but NOBODY was praying. It's true! There was chairs and tables set out with temporary signs about prayer, but nobody was there to pray. I sat down and cried.

So to whom do Americans pray this Thursday? The picture mentioned earlier suggests that we pray to our President. Does that offend you? - I HOPE SO! Is any man the ultimate power source in the world today? I think not! At least that's not what the Bible says.

So let's TURN TO GOD, AMERICA !!!

No comments: