Friday, May 22, 2009

MI-5

Assuming you must pick one:

1) Motorcycle or Jet Ski? Why?
Motorcycle - for sure. Even though I grew up breathing
two-stroke smoke from boat motors, I'm still drawn to
the open roads and the rumble of straight pipes. Yesterday
I road over 100 miles with a fellow church member whom
also enjoys motorcycling ... LOVED IT!

2) Fruit pie or cream pie? Which kind? Why?
I always seem to choose the fruit pie. And I'm partial to
a fresh Maine blueberry pie. Although a cream pie with
mar rang (sp?) piled high is tempting, I guess I have been
disappointed in them too many times.

3) Book or magazine? How come?
I choose books. I'm somewhat of a thinker, and I find
many magazine articles to be shallow and too ethereal.
I like to read something that causes me to ponder.

4) Hot beverage or cool drink? What's your fav?
Hmmm - I drink mostly hot beverages these days. Maybe
because I'm a 'southerner' and not totally acclimated
to cold weather. I have even begun ordering coffee before
ordering a meal when I'm out. But will I continue in the
warm summer months? ... I don't know.

5) What's on the grill on Monday--beef, pork, or fowl?
What's the specifics?
Well, I have no plans for cooking on the holiday. In fact,
I have made no plans at all for that day. I have a possible
community speaking engagement, and that's it. Josey and I
fly
out Tuesday for Virginia and a quick visit to see the
kids (young adults) and the Grand-baby, Ethan. I think we
will spend the day 'packing' and closing down the house.
I
might even eat cereal for lunch - just to get rid of milk
that is sure to sour while we are away. I know, "What kind
of celebration is THAT"!

No comments: