Thursday, January 22, 2009

MI-5 ... early

Lisa's "Five" for this week; Tomorrow, take five different books, and type in the first line of each book. You can pick a book you just read, a book you are reading, and a book you want to read. You can use fiction, non-fiction, poetry, textbooks, whatever. If you want to create your own similarities among the five books, you can. However, you can pick any random five books you want, whether you have read them or not. DO NOT post the name of the book, nor the author. Only list the first line.

#1 Once, long ago in a land far away, there lived four little characters who ran through a Maze looking for cheese to nourish them and make them happy.
Who Moved My Cheese; by Spencer Johnson, MD

#2 I sat in the kitchen, drinking coffee, thinking about my unfinished housework.
Codependent No More; by Melody Beattie

#3 I seemed to be standing in a bus queue by the side of a long, mean street.
The Great Divorce; by C.S. Lewis (no relations)

#4 Although this book is written to anyone who wants to better understand how we can really change, certain groups of people come to mind as I write.
Inside Out; by Dr. Larry Crabb

#5 Good is the enemy of great.
Good To Great; by Jim Collins

6 comments:

Billy Rhythm said...

Search me! None of them look familiar.

Lisa said...

I think #2 is the only one I would really consider reading, based solely on the first line. I don't have a clue about any of them, except perhaps the genre of #4.

Anonymous said...

I think I had #1 but somebody moved it

I do #2 in my bedroom all the time but I have no idea who else does it too

#3 must be in New York :-)

I dig the lines from the last 2 but alas I have no clue.

~Melanie/ImKukie

Unknown said...

I don't recognize any of these. Guess I'd better do more reading!

Beloved said...

I think I know #1, but the rest are unfamiliar.

aza heart said...

What? No "In the beginning...". Sorry, couldn't resist!! :-)

Seriously, I don't really know them for sure. But I do have an idea about #1. Never read it though.

-aza-