Sunday, January 11, 2009

Billy's Five

Bill sez, Tell us an interesting story about you and a playground.
I remember from my childhood a wonderful place called Pioneer Park. It was a cool little park/playground on a major waterway where my dad would eventually launch our motorboat and turn me loose every Saturday. I spent countless days there throughout my childhood. And the thing I remember most, was a HUGE swing-set. This was a swing where one could nearly work their way up into the clouds. I would swing until I was sick to my stomach.

What typical workplace benefit do you not have currently that you wish you did have?
I take the Fifth Amendment.

Relate to us something about an experience buying/selling/renting a home.
Now this is a question I can easily talk about. As God moved us from one end of the east coast to the other, we have moved nine times and owned five different homes in three states. The most memorable is an 80 year old farm house we bought in Graceville, Florida. This place was a 'real gem'. Obviously built by a farmer whom was more skilled at growing corn than building houses, there was not a true "right angle" anywhere in the place. That made for some real challenging carpentry work. But I loved the old place!

What’s your favorite radio station? What’s the genre? Why do you like it?
I like several stations, but I guess I listen to The Message on XM most often. The genre is C
ontemporary Christian with a flare for skilled musicianship. I like it because the tracks played are up-beat - or at least positive in lyric. And there is no advertising ... sorry Bill.

What’s your favorite dessert? Why?
That would have to be "magic bars". My wife makes these things with chocolate, coconut, walnuts, and who knows what. I can eat them until I feel sick! I don't know why I'm so 'wild' about them, maybe because I'm CRAZY about the girl that makes them for me.

1 comment:

Billy Rhythm said...

Why are you sorry about the XM? I don't follow?

My mom makes these things called "Seven Layer Yummy Bars." They sound the same as your Magic Bars. A graham cracker crumb crust with chocolate and butterscotch chips, coconut and walnuts, all held together by condensed milk.

As to work place bennes... Maybe you could talk to the chair of the finance committee! :-)