Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Home Again

Finally arrived home in Maine last night. It was a whirl-wind trip to Virginia. What a month this has been! Josey and I traveled thousands of miles in the last several weeks. I feel like I haven't slept in my bed much. Honestly, I don't know how touring musicians and such do it. I don't know if I could travel long distances on a regular basis.

On the other hand, I had a RICH experience officiating the wedding of a former church member last Saturday. Yes, she is now a "Mrs." ... and I am SO happy for her! After congratulating her with a big hug, I told her I felt proud - like she is my own daughter. Not possible - since we are different race, but the emotional connection was definitely there. Ah ... the life of a pastor. Its AWESOME!

We also enjoyed staying with our friends, the Womacks. We have been blessed to know them for about 7 years now. But it seems like we are life-long friends. They also attended a church where I was pastor, and are part of our extended church family. Its interesting how we 'connect' with some and not always others. Guess that's part of what "makes the world go around".

No comments: